4 June 2016 11am - 4pm
Sponsored Walk in aid of Lewes Priory Trust
Saturday June 4th 2016
Pyecombe Church to the Priory of St Pancras, Lewes (Lewes Priory)
(approximately 9 miles)
The walk will offer:
• Great views from the South Downs Way
• Pass Jack and Jill windmills and Ditchling Beacon
• Walk in the footsteps of the Battle of Lewes (1264) soldiers with our local history guide
• Guided tour of the Priory
• A warm welcome (and refreshments) at Pyecombe and Lewes
11 am start from Pyecombe church, finishing at the Priory at approx 4 pm
Entry: £5 to cover refreshments at Pyecombe Church at the start and Southover Church on finishing. Bring your own picnic lunch.
Sponsorship - We aim to raise much needed funds for Lewes Priory Trust (which looks after the Priory ruins). Sponsorship forms will be sent out on registration.
It will be a fun, fascinating and illuminating day out. Please encourage anyone you know to sign up and to sponsor you.
We are looking at the possibility of hiring a mini-bus to take walkers from Lewes to Pyecombe. Please indicate if you are interested in this option.
To sign up and for further information contact
Put the date in your diary for a fascinating and healthy day out!